Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Being Prepared

Two nights ago the power went out. We had a freak thunder storm. It came out of nowhere. I had just gotten out of the shower when the power went out. Thank goodness for that. I can't imagine how freaked out I would have been had the power went out while I was showering. Adilyn was already asleep and surprisingly she slept through the entire storm. The loud thunder and lightening did not stir her at all. What a good sleeper she is.

All of our neighbors went outside. It was twilight and they apparently did not have candles or flashlights. So they opened their doors and windows to get light. Once it got dark they left their homes because they could no longer see inside. They were no prepared. We just took out some candles and we were set. We were not worried, well I was a little worried that Adilyn would wake up scared. But we could see just fine because we had prepared for things like this. It totally ruined my plan to watch a movie for date, but that is ok.

I started thinking about how important it is to prepare. You never know when the power will go out or you lose a job or anything else along those lines. We need to prepare for a disaster the best we can while we can. So we are not scared when the lights go out or go hungry. So from now on I am going to try my best to prepare a little more each month for the future. I don't want to be one of those people who have to leave because they have nothing to help them in an emergency.

1 comment: