Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Shoe

So Orion and I have lived in our new apartment in SLO for over a week now. It's a shoe compared to our old place. I am not even kidding. Although it is smaller we are saving a good amount of money. Rent is cheaper by $100 and we will save probably that much on gas because Orion only has to drive five minutes to work instead of thirty. The downside we no longer have a dishwasher or washer/dryer in our apartment :( Oh well. I work one day a week watching super cute little boys and I plan on doing my laundry at my mom's after I watch them. She told me I could before I even thought to ask. She is a great mom! Plus paying for laundry is expensive! I did it this past weekend and spent $1.50 per wash for three loads and $.75 per load drying. Except one dryer charged me a buck to dry. So they brings my total to $7 when I normally spent $13 a month on electric for my entire apartment (our dryer was electric and our water was payed for by our land lord). Me being the cheap skate that I am will do my laundry at my mom's as much as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Jakob and I are thinking about downsizing too. Gas is killing us!!!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete