Monday, May 23, 2011

NEW!

So last week I told you about how we were going to get a new car and WE DID!
It is not brand new, but we love it! It is a 2007 Nissan Altima. Oh how I love this little baby. I named her Nessy because she is a green Nissan also after the Lock Nest Monster. By the way in case you did not realize I can't spell to save my life. Spell check only works so much. We love our new car. It turns on by touching a button and pushing the brake at the same time. It is pretty cool. The key is high tech, it does not even have an actual key on it. LOOK!
That little black brick is our electronic key, well I think there is a battery inside it. Who knows for sure. The car senses when the key is near and lets you unlock the car by pushing a button on the door handle. Seriously this car is way nice than I ever thought we would get. I am excited that we have two cars, at least for the time being. Now I can sleep in on the day I have to work and not drive Orion to work at five something in the morning. Life is GOOD! On the down side we had to take out a loan to pay for this sweet ride :( Good news is we plan on paying if off way before the five years (which is the length our of loan). That way we don't have to pay thousands of dollars in interest. I swear that is the only way banks keep in business with interest you pay them on loans. It's crazy!

We also got a new phone for Orion last week. His phone decided to stop taking a charge and he wanted a new one anyways so we bought him one. Someone might think that we are rich or something with the things we bought last week. I have some sad news we are not rich when it comes to money. We are rich when it comes to love though, so that makes up for it I think. It's a good thing Orion and a raise and works a billion hours so we can afford some nice things in our life.

On a side note I am working on our food storage. We live in a shoe so we don't have much room for storage, but we now have a flat of corn and of green beens in our kitchen book shelf. Yep I said book shelf because we simply don't have enough cabinets for putting our food and dishes away. Our kitchen is little. Also our stove is electric which I dislike A LOT! Whoever invented electric stoves I want to punch because they make cooking much more difficult then it needs to be. Just thought I would share.

1 comment:

  1. I have been in a car like that and I WANT one of those nifty keys. My car lol (99 grand Am) has to have the key in the ignition to turn on and off but you don't have to have it in once you start the car, which is convenient in the winter in Canada when you start your car to warm it up. You can take your keys with you to lock your door and unlock your car.

    In Summation, it's not nearly as cool as those electronic thing-a-ma-bobs! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete