Sunday, February 27, 2011

An Adventure Filled Weekend

Friday it was raining pretty bad and our tires were pretty bald. Orion was worried he might crash or something so I was assigned the task to find new tires. I kinda failed because I don't know anything about tires. But that night we decided that even though it was raining we were going out to eat. We went to this Chinese place just up the street from us. It was pretty good. Nothing amazing though. We decided to eat in Atascadero because we won't be living here much longer. That's right we are moving! We officially got an apartment in SLO on friday! We are moving in two weeks I am really excited.

Our big adventure happened on Saturday. We bought new tires for our car $370 I swear that car is more expensive than a child. We did some errands and just hung out most of the day. But since our tires were brand new and much safer Orion suggested we go to the beach in the rain. It was so much fun and really cold. I wore one of my snow jackets.
I wore a sweater underneath it to keep me extra warm. It was so cold and beautiful. On our drive over to the beach there was snow on the hills. I tried to take a picture but it did not work out so well.
If you can't tell my face is red because I am so cold. We looked up the temperature online and it said it was in the low thirties but felt like 26 degrees. Man that is really cold for our area. Plus HELLO there was snow on the ground on our way to Morro Bay. It never snows here since we live so close to the beach. And they say the world is getting warmer. LIARS! I was so gorgeous at the beach at sunset with a light rain. I suggest you try it some time.
You can see the storm clouds rolling in and the blue skies just above the horizon.

On the mountains in the back of this pictures there is snow. The clouds were rolling in so we did not get a good picture. But can you believe it snow on mountains/hills that are next to the ocean?
This picture you can see the snow a little bit better. Oh how I love snow when I don't have to live in it!

I am so grateful that we live in such a pretty place. It truly is the happiest county, at least according to Oprah. I want to live in the area forever, but we will see what the Lord has in store for Orion and I.
 Just for fun here is a picture of a sunset from our apartment.
I am going to miss our apartment, not the down stairs though. We are on to bigger and better adventures now. Well our apartment will be smaller but the drive to work for Orion will be better because it won't be so long. We are excited to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment