Saturday, July 27, 2013

When we met

I remember the day I met Orion. It was just another day of getting ready to go to the beach. I was at my best friend Kaitlyn's house getting ready. We knew we were going to meet some new boys that day because our other friend's boyfriend invited his brother and friend over to visit. As we were getting ready I thought to myself "Hey what if one of these guys is the one you are going to marry?" I then came to my senses and told myself no way. Hello I was only 19 at the time. Turns out I was right.

I remember my friend's boyfriend (who is now my brother and sister-in-law) telling me to flirt with the friend of Orion. They thought we would hit it off better. So that is what I did I flirted my little heart out with the friend. Orion was nice, but I did not pay much attention to him. My friend Kaitlyn had her eye on him. I did notice that he gave his jacket to Kaitlyn when she got cold later that night. In my mind I thought he was being really nice and maybe he liked her. Turns out I was wrong. He apparently spent the evening watching me and trying to get my attention. I can be pretty oblivious when it comes to things like that.

I think it is funny how I did not really notice Orion that night, but the memory of that night still sticks out in my mind. I still remember hearing him laugh and thinking he had nice eyes. Sometimes you can be right and wrong at the same time. I am so glad that I was wrong about Orion's feelings that night. He has been the best decision I have ever made. It has been over four years since that night and I still wonder what he saw in me that first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment