My wedding day 4/9/10. I am not sure why the picture says the date it does.
- When I got the call that something was wrong I rushed over to my parents place in the middle of the night. I was sobbing and begged the Lord to keep my mom here on this earth. I told Him that I was not ready for her to go. As soon as those words left my mom I had this feeling that it was her time to go and that it was going to be OK. I then prayed for strength.
- The paramedics and police were so sweat and kind to me as I got to my parents house. They explained to me what happened and asked if they could help me in any way. They wanted to make sure that I was going to be alright. I could never do their job, but I am so grateful for those men who were there that night to help. They do their job with little thanks everyday. They should be thanked more often for what they do.
- Orion stayed up until I got back home and held me while I cried. He wanted to take away my pain, but did not know how. So he listened and held me until I fell asleep. When Adilyn woke up a few hours later he woke up without complaint.
- Every time Adilyn has seen me cry she reaches up her sweet little hand to my face and wipes away my tears. She hugs me and gives me a kiss. She does not understand why I am crying, but wants me to feel better.
- So many people offered help and support right after they heard what happened. Every time I told someone what happened it felt like I was finding out my mom passed away all over again. Friends came over and talked with me, hugged me, and told me how sorry they were. It was beautiful.
- After my mom's memorial service three little girls came up to me (with a little help from their wonderful nanny) and told me that they knew how I felt. They had lost their mom they year before. Those sweet little girls lost their mom at such a young age. They told me that they were sorry that I lost my mom and gave me a hug. I asked them if they thought our moms were in Heaven together and they said yes. It broke my heart to know that these sweet little girls had experienced what I was currently experiencing. It also made me so happy to know that they cared enough to share their story with me.
- I know that families are forever. I miss my mom so much. I miss being able to call her on my bad days and complain about how Adilyn is driving me crazy. I miss her telling me that it was payback for all the times I did that to her as a child. I miss her calling me everyday to see how I was doing. I miss her laughing at my dumb jokes. She always thought I was the best at everything (even though that is not true). I am going to spend the rest of my life missing her, but knowing that we will be together again.
- I was talking to a friend about my momma passing and she made a great comment. "I bet your mom is up in Heaven meeting her future grandchildren". I hope she has met them already. I know that she wanted to be a grandmother for so long. As soon as I got married she started asking me for a grand baby. I am so grateful I got to give her Adilyn before she died. I know that her "little monkey" was her pride and joy.
- There have been so many things that happened that have made this loss a little easier. Our earthly loss is a Heavenly gain. Heaven sure did gain a great woman. I love you momma. Keep my future kids in line will you?