- I no longer matter when it comes to Adilyn's needs. If she needs to be feed and changed at 2 in the morning it does not matter that I want to sleep.
- I am surprised that I am not dead yet from not enough sleep. Getting 2-4 hour stretches of sleep is simply not enough, but yet here I am still kicking. (Well sort of)
- Time sure does fly even if you are not having a lot of fun. It is amazing how quickly the day goes by when you have a baby. Even if all she does is nurse, poop/pee, sleep, and cry. How does that make the day go by so quickly? It will be a mystery forever I think.
- I never knew what true frustration was until I had my little lady. Seeing her crying and not knowing what to do to help her is beyond frustrating. I feel helpless. I also have a hard time not crying when she is crying. I just want her to be happy all the time.
- A held Adilyn is usually a happy Adilyn, unless she decides she is starving even though she ate an hour ago (sometimes less)
- Her little gummy smile melts my heart. Even though she has not mastered smiling on purpose yet I still tell myself she is smiling at me. In reality she is just moving randomly. She mostly smiles in her sleep.
- I apparently make the best bed in the world.
- Breast feeding has been the best diet for me. I lost all my baby weight and then some less than three weeks after she was born! Actually I lost all my baby weight by the end of the second week. By the end of the third week I had lost 4 pounds more. Sweet! Too bad it comes with nursing all freaking day long. Well not every second of the day, but some days it feels like it.
- Even with all that weight lost I don't think my pre pregnancy pants fit just yet. Blast.
- Days like today (Adilyn cried most of the morning and eat every 1-1.5 hours and barely slept) are really draining, but she is worth every missed second of sleep and ounce of frustration.
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Things that I have learned as a Mom
Let me just start of by saying that the word Mom and me seem strange together. I still sometimes think that maybe I am just watching Adilyn for someone else. In reality I am watching her because she belongs to our Father in Heaven, but in this life she is my daughter. I still can't believe that I have a daughter.