Monday, March 26, 2012

Quilt

Since I have lots of time on my hands I have decided to make a quilt. Considering that I have only ever made a quilt once in my life, I knew it had to be simple. My first quilt attempt took years, literally years, to finish. My mom ended up having someone else finish it for me because I just never finished it. I started it when I was in high school and had to use someone's sewing machine to get anything done. So you can see why it took so long. But now I have a sewing machine of my own! (Thanks to Orion, he used all of his bonus Christmas money our first year of marriage and bought me one. I sure do love him.)
I am only using for different fabrics because I want this quilt to be as simple as possible. After all I am making it all by myself. Well I had a friend help me pick out the fabric and cut it. She supervised to make sure I did not mess anything up. It is going to be a baby/toddler size quilt. Nothing huge. I am going to uses 9 inch by 9 inch squares, which makes it super easy to put together. At least that is my hope.

When I came home from the store and should Orion the fabric he thought I did a good job. He also said he would laugh if our child was actually a boy because I would have to make a brand new quilt. If that happens I will gladly make another. So here goes my first attempt to make something all on my own without any supervision! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment