Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Longest Day of my Life

On Sunday July 22 I went into the hospital to get induced. Our little lady was due on the 16th, but decided she was too comfortable to come out. Our doctor wanted us to get induced to ensure there was no complications with the baby. That was fine by me I was ready to get her out. We were scheduled for an induction at 6 pm, but when we arrived they were too busy for us. We had to wait 2 hours just to be seen. By 9 that night the induction process began. My water naturally broke at 1 am, but she did not arrive until 6:54 pm.

Needless to say it was a very long day. I ended up getting an epidural sometime late in the morning. I had not slept in over 24 hours and it was really taking a toll on me. It was a good thing I got one because once my body was able to relax the she started to make her way down the birth canal. That is when we realized her head was turned slightly to one side. After many prayers, trying different positions to lay in, and my doctor moving her head the best he could she was born. I almost had to get a c section. If she was not born by 7 pm I had to get a c section.

Just under the wire she decided to make her appearance.
The doctor kept asking me if she had a big head. How was I suppose to know if she had a big head? I don't think her head is bigger than average, but she sure did have a cone head when she was born. Now her head is perfectly round. No crazy shape at all.
See her head was already starting to go back to normal. She weighed 8 pounds 3 oz. I thought it was 8 pounds 6 oz until I saw this picture. It was such an amazing moment to finally meet her. She cried, I cried, and even Orion cried. It was a time that I hope to never forget. All of the pain and the waiting was worth it to see our little girl for the first time.

It still seems unreal that I am a mother now. I found this quote from a blog that I read and it really struck home to me.


"Do the best you can through these years, but whatever else you do, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones. Mothers, we acknowledge and esteem your faith in every footstep. Please know that it is worth it then, now, and forever."

-Jeffrey R. Holland

I definitely need to remember this quote for the times that I am so tired and feel like I have no idea what I am doing.


1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is an incredible feeling!! She is beautiful! I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete