Thursday, July 5, 2012

Goals

The last family I worked for as a nanny taught me a huge amount. The mom is such an inspiration. She is what I like to call a life coach. I am not sure what her exact title is in her business. One of the things she taught me while working for her was the importance of goals. You have to have a goal first and the way will come second. If you want to learn more from her you can check out her website here.

I have been thinking about goals recently. I have a lot of time on my hands since I just make a baby all day. I started to think about the goals I have had my entire life. I wanted to get married to a worthy man. Check! Orion is the best husband out there for me. I wanted to graduated college. Check! Although I never thought I would finish my degree online. I wanted to become a mom. Check! I always thought I would be older when I had my first child. I could go on with goals, but my point is with all of these goals I did not have a way planned out. I simply knew what I wanted and worked toward that goal. The way presented itself.

I have found this to be true in all aspects of my life. Once I have a goal and work towards it things fall into place. Becoming a mom was always a goal of mine, but as I got closer and closer (no the baby is not here yet don't get too excited) I started to worry that I could not do it. Maybe my goal was too big or too hard. Maybe I could not be a mom because I have no idea what I am doing. Then I started to think about what I learned from Katie (yep my former boss's name is Katie as well). Goal first, way second. Here is a goal I have had for most of my life and the way is becoming clear to me. I just have to believe in myself enough to follow my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment