Saturday, August 13, 2011

Love and Top Ramen

I told my Nana that we are living off of love and top ramen at the moment. It is pretty much a true statement. Orion's new job only pays once a month. That was something we did not know until after he started, so we did not plan for it. After moving, going on vacation, and paying rent and deposit for our new apartment we are a little low on money. Silly us thought Orion would get paid every other week like every other job he has ever had. Sometimes it sucks to be wrong. The good news is that top ramen is cheap and we actually like it, for the most part. We have money for other types of food, but you can't beat a meal that only cost twenty cents when you have to go an entire month before you get any income.

When I told my Nana that we were pretty must dirt poor until Orion gets his first pay check she laughed. She told me that this is the best time of my life. I thought she might have lost her mind a little bit. But the more I think about it the more I agree with her. Yes we have less money than we are use too, but we have each other. It just means we have to be more creative with the things that we do. Today Orion took me to the town he pretty much grew up in. He graduated from high school there and talks about it often. I got to know my sweet husband more and I got to get out of the house. We did not have to spend any money, just gas which thank goodness is a little cheaper on the surface of the sun. I am grateful that we have the opportunity to live off of love and top ramen for the time being. But at the end of the month when Orion gets his first pay check I am going grocery shopping and making him take me to sushi! Did I tell you that his new job is a career job with great benefits and all that jazz? We have a retirement plan and everything. I feel old now, like I am almost a real adult. WEIRD!

1 comment:

  1. That must be rough!! Good luck. I wish Jakob's job had wicked benefits! Soon I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete