Thursday, August 25, 2011

A simple answer to my prayer

So since moving to the surface of the sun I have been having a difficult time. I don't really know anyone (other than Orion's parents and his brother and wife), it is really hot, I had to leave my favorite job ever, we have to go forever before we have money coming in, we had to pay a million dollars for his uniforms and a bunch of other things. It has been hard on me and I have been a bit of a mess. A couple of nights I just broke down and cried because I felt like I could not handle it. Lucky for me Orion is really understanding and very comforting. Even luckier for me I have the big guy upstairs on my side. So I prayed for help to get through this difficult time and I prayed for a friend. I felt a little silly, but I know that my Heavenly Father will always be there to listen and help me out. Then came my favorite day of the week Sunday.
I witnessed a miracle. A lady came up to me that apparently use to live in Paso Robles (right by where I use to live) and started talking to me. She asked me how I was doing and was genuinely interested in me. It was so wonderful! Normally whenever people come up to us in church (or even just me) they ask me why we moved here, how we are liking it, where Orion works, where we are from, etc. I guess I just liked that it was questions about me instead of we (as in Orion and I). I am my own person outside of Orion. She invited me to a cooking class and gave me the book for book club next month. It was amazing! We even exchanged numbers. I felt so grateful that Heavenly Father was listening to my prayers and answered them in such a simple way. It made me realize that miracles happen every day, but we might miss them because they are not huge. This little miracle made a huge difference in my life. I felt so much better about myself and living here because one person was interested in me. I have decided that this is one of the friendliest ward I have ever been apart of. It does not even bother me much that most of the ladies are much older than me. We have the gospel in common and that is the best place to start a friendship off of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment