Sunday, October 23, 2011

Moving to the Central Valley from the Central Coast has not been my favorite. In fact there have been many times that I have cried and wished we could move back. I thought about all the great things the Central Coast has to offer. Many my old job with the cutest boys in the world. Not having a job has really taken a toll on my self confidence. So I have pretty much been an unhappy rut since we moved here. But today something really sunk it. I need to be humble and stop wasting my time focusing on things I don't have.

I no longer live in a place where I know lots of people and never got lost. I no longer feel confident going out on my own because I don't know where I am going. I don't have a job right now, but that's OK! There are plenty of things I don't have, but there is SO much that I do have. Mr. O has a job that supports us without me needing to work. We have insurance and money in the bank (not a lot but some). We have a car that runs great and can afford to fill our gas tank up. I have so much yet I have been so stuck on things I no longer have.

I met a lady today who is a single mom with two children. She has no car and no job. She can barely pay her rent and she does not have a phone. I gave her a ride home today so she did not have to walk home with her children. Even though her life is hard she is a very happy lady. It humbled me to see her and her excitement about life and the gospel. I am so blessed with all I have and this woman taught me that without saying a word. Her smile changed my out look on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment