Thursday, September 29, 2011

I am pretty much brilliant

Finishing your degree online can be pretty lonely. It also requires lots of papers to be written. I hate writing papers late at night because it is so quiet and I am such a chicken when I am home alone. I don't want to turn on music or a movie because I would get distracted. But then I got a brilliant idea! Listen to your wedding mix! I made the soundtrack to my reception like a month after I got engaged. Music is important to me because it connects my thoughts and my feelings into something beautiful. I did not do much planning for my wedding/reception because I did not really care. All I wanted to do was marry my best friend. But when it came to the music that was going to be played I was all over that. I am so glad I did. I don't think it really mattered to anyone at my reception, but it meant so much to me.

Now I can listen to the music and be reminded about that wonderful day that I married my sweet husband. I don't even care that the day of our reception was a day from hell. (Do you remember all the horrible things that happened that day? Showing up five minutes before it started without make up, hair, or anything done. It did not matter because I was married forever to my best friend.) I can't help but smile when I hear the music we danced to and all the wonderful people who were there. I realized that I can whip up a paper at super speed when I listen to my wedding play list. I am in such a good mood I can do anything, even write a paper about something that seems silly. Have you ever made a play list for a special occasion?

3 comments:

  1. I'm all about making play lists. I heart them. In fact, when I'm done typing this comment, I'm gonna go work on a playlist. Gotta go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw I haven't listened to our reception play list since like our honeymoon or something! Something that we did this year on our anniversary though was listen to our first dance song and slow dance to it all over again! I'm adopting it as a tradition. And now I'm going to go listen to our wedding mix! Thanks for inspiring me Kayde!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myriah- I think I am going to start making more play lists. They are amazing!
    Kylie- I love that idea about listening to your wedding song on your anniversary. I am totally going to do that!

    ReplyDelete