Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oh Fresno

I kind of have a love hate relationship with Fresno. I hate it because its way too huge, the population is something over 400,000. That is too many people in my book. I love it because it has museums, which my little heart is set on going to (the upside of having a huge population is more people have a desire to have a great museum or plays to go to). Do you see how this love hate relationship works? I hate (I am really not a fan of the word hate so lets change it to dislike) I dislike Fresno because it is full of smog. I can't see the mountains because there is way too much smog that only goes away when it rains and even then it is only gone for a little while. I love Fresno because it has a Temple!

                                                  (This picture is not mine I stole it off of Google)
Fresno having a Temple pretty much makes up for all the things that I don't like about. It even makes me forget that I am now 2.5 hours from the beach. Orion and I went to the Temple today and it was so wondering. It was great to be able to spend some time away from our regular lives to just sit and think about what is truly important. It really gives you perspective when you enter into the house of the Lord. I wish I could have stayed there all day long. It is so quiet and peaceful there. There is nothing that could be more beautiful yet so simple.

So I love living so close to the Temple, but I dislike living so far away from everything that I am use to. I love knowing that Orion is at a job that is an actual career job, but I dislike that I don't have a job (I miss pepperoni and sausage! I have their picture up on my fridge). I love that I have a semi huge (compared to the shoe) apartment to live in, but I dislike vacuuming it. I am always trying to con Orion into doing it. I have gotten so lazy about cleaning since we moved here. I think it is because I have been in such a rut. I am working on getting over myself and being happy that I am so blessed. It's going to take some time, but living so close to the Temple will help me get my act together. If nothing else it will help me do more service for others. I figure that is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment