Saturday, May 19, 2012

A little craft never hurt anyone

Since I have so much time on my hands I have decided that I should be crafty. So far that has only amounted to a painted dresser (that took a million years), a baby blanket (that did not take as long as I thought it would) and now some blocks. They started out looking something like this.
Well they were not painted at all when I first got them (over a year ago). Man I am really slow at doing crafts! Anyways I sanded them (actually Orion did most of the work because I could not stand and sand for very long) and started painting. I then realized that I could not paint it all in one. So I put it off until another time. They currently look like this.
After another coat of paint on the front I can finish up the back. Then when everything is dry I can put a picture on each block. They will sit on the dresser I (well Orion helped too) painted in the babies room. The gray blocks will have a picture of each of our families (one for my parents and I and one of Orion and his parents) and the white one will have a picture of us with the baby. That way our child will know how important family is no matter how close or far we live from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment